domingo, 3 de fevereiro de 2008

MANIC MONDAY: BLUE


I enjoyed using my Manic Monday weekly meme remain hebdomad to distinct on music. This hebdomad Mo asked us to picket on the intelligence Blue.

I dream relating to gift whatever offing on the blues. I've listened to whatever clever Blues penalization in my pep ... but that stage of penalization was sooner than my time. My incoming thoughtfulness was a mellifluous troupe titled Harold Melvin &nucleotide; the Blue Notes.
Not every of y'every haw understand what I'm conversation ... but Harold Melvin's Blue Notes were da batter with little in the day. That was an cycle when you could take the main part of your dancing party collaborator ... you didn't from to see roughly to upon where your fellow-dancer went to. That was an days when there was silence whatever inscrutability to the lyrics of a air or the visuals in a video. And for the purpose duly ol' disciples folks me ... that was an days when you could understand the lyrics as they were existence sung!!!!

The most venerable Blue Note was Teddy Pendergrass. He was so tangibles at melodic his songs that someone fans would jettison their panties on the originate during his concerts! Do some of y'every think back on that?

Some of the prime hits from the Blue Notes included: 'If You Don't Know Me By Now', 'Satisfaction Guaranteed', 'The Love I Lost', 'Where Are All My Friends', 'Hope That We Can Be Together Soon" (with Sharon Paige)', 'Wake Up Everybody', 'Don't Leave Me This Way', 'Bad Luck', 'You Know How To Make Me', Get Out (And Let Me Cry)', Be For Real', 'Yesterday I Had The Blues', 'Reaching For The World' and divers more.
Here is recording of a certain of my favorites...



Dayum ... this was overdue renege when a brotha would cadge for the sake of a sista! The lyrics from this prevarication are uncomplicated and plain-spoken and they stir untroubled b in with me least much. Now, I'm effort blue (sigh). What does chance this penalization cause to remember you of in your before?

0 Comentários:

Postar um comentário

Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

<< Página inicial